This is the advnetures of the fox and lamb. Depending on the mood you never know who you will catch next.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day Mencia

If you think about it Labor Day is a selfish holiday. Most other holidays are connected to reflections of great leaders or of battles, glory achieved over other races, individuals, nations, ect. To quote the U.S. Department of Labor, …”devoted to no man, living or dead, to no sect, race, or nation.” Labor Day is all about us (that’s you and me, not the nation)

At this point my thoughts switch to Billy Madison explaining the Industrial Revolution…sorta’. Labor day is like the little girl who cleaned her room and wanted a party to be thrown, like a alcoholic not drinking and standing on the street corner to preach to the people passing by, like a student going to school and asking to go home early because they attended the first three classes, or a pregnant mom not smoking and asking for some special federal funding as a reward.

So as mentioned in the blogg below I took full advantage. I patted myself on the back with both hands, tipped one back, and traveled to Atlantic City to see Carlos Mencia. I can now admit that I have laughed so hard I lost my voice. I have never seen anything so funny in my life.

Atlantic City was his first stop on his tour. The show started at 11:00 and didn’t get out until 1:30. My personal “Ebert and Roeper”!

Ebert: 20 thumbs up "Impeccably crafted …"
Roeper: 12 ½ Stars “Edgy and outrageous …"


A Must Go See This Fall (If in Texas replace fall with slightly cooler summer prior to spring)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just so you know, I am very jealous and may not be able to respond to your blog anymore out of jealousy and spite. dee dee dee.

11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home